Admitted to the Nigerian Bar in 1982.
Education: University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus (LL.B), 1981
Work: Legal Adviser/In-House Counsel: New Era Publishing Company Limited, Benin City, Nigeria, October 1982 – June, 1983 (NYSC), Associate-at-Law, Chief G. C. M. Onyiuke’s Chambers, Lagos, Nigeria, August 1983 – March 1988, Principal Partner, Ike Onyiuke & Co., April 1988.
Practice: Foreign Investment, International Commercial Transactions, Arbitration, Insurance, Banking and Financial Law, Aviation, Civil Litigation and General Commercial Practice. Consulting expertise in Sub-Saharan Africa includes: Rule of Law and Anti-corruption, judicial reform, capacity development, monitoring and evaluation, and democratic governance/transparency.
ACTIVITIES OF THE FIRM
The Firm is currently engaged in the following areas of legal practice:
- General commercial practice, Banking and Insurance matters, Insurance, Taxation, Trade and Finance, Shipping and Admiralty, Mining, Oil and Gas law.
- Promotion and Incorporation of Limited Liability Companies, Registration of Business Names, Patents, Copyrights and Trade Marks.
- Procurement of Expatriate Quota, Work and Residence Permits
- Drafting and Perfecting of Trust Deeds, Debentures, Leases and other related conveyancing documents as well as conducting Searches at the Lands, Companies and Business Names Registries. We also attend to obtaining necessary Government approvals in respect of the above transactions
- Negotiation, Preparation and Vetting of Joint Venture, Technical Service and other Agreements and Contracts.
- Negotiating, structuring and processing of domestic and other Debt Instrument Conversion packages as a source of project financing.
- Legal Consultancy, including opinions, advice and investigation.
- Company Secretarial and Nominee services.
- Forensic advocacy in both Civil and Criminal matters including representation at the various lower and superior Courts, Tribunals, Commissions of Inquiry and Arbitration panels.
Clients of the firm include but are not limited to multinationals, oil and gas companies, banking and other financial institutions, insurance companies, trading and manufacturing companies, shipping companies and airlines.